ABOUT OUR MEMBERS
The four founding members of GINA’S COLLECTIVE are New Story, mRelief, Dost Education and AnnieCannons. All are graduates of Y Combinator, the Silicon Valley-based seed accelerator that created a new model for funding early stage startups.
Since that time, GINA’S COLLECTIVE has been delighted to add four more outstanding nonprofit startups to its roster: koko, Konexio, Sirum, Almost Fun and recidiviz.
In her role as advisor to Y Combinator’s nonprofits, Gina first met the Founders while holding office hours at YC’s Mountain View offices. Gina felt so inspired by these entrepreneurs—their drive, ingenuity, ambition and vision—that she was compelled to create GINA’S COLLECTIVE to help nonprofit startups succeed at scale.
HOW IT WORKS
- GC will select up to 6 nonprofit startups to be members of the “Core Collective.”
- A “Core Collective” term will last 3 years. During this term, members may receive seed funding if eligible, mentorship, personal development coaching, and marketing/creative counseling.
- GC will connect “Core Collective” members to willing experts who are specifically relevant to the Founders’ needs.
- GC will produce small, curated events to introduce members to a new and diverse group of business and cultural influencers.
- GC will host events exclusively for “Core Collective” members to engender bonding, idea sharing and creative problem solving.